Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Transgression Letters

Dear Judge,
I am terribly upset to admit this, but today I just received my fourth speeding ticket of the month and my license was revoked. I understand the reasoning behind my first tickets, but the one I received today seems a bit extreme. I was simply going 2 miles over the speed limit (which was 35 mph) while trying to keep up with the flow of traffic. Cars kept passing me while I was going the actual speed limit, so I decided to speed up so I wouldn't be a hazard to those around me. At the time, I believed that my actions were justified. But right as I sped up a little, an officer decided to pull me over and give me a ticket. I would very much appreciate it if you could reconsider the penalty for this action. I appreciated all of your honorable efforts to uphold the law. Thank you for your time.
Sincerely,
Avarie Skinner

Mom,
Hi Mom! I hope that you are having a wonderful day! So, I kind of have a funny story for you. You might not laugh right away, but I promise that eventually you will think that this story is quite hilarious. So today I was driving back from work, just like I always do on Tuesdays and I was going to speed limit (just like I always do, well, usually). Then I realized, in the middle of singing along to my favorite song, that all these cars were passing me. I couldn't very well be one of those cars that everyone rolls their eyes at and then passes in a mad huff, so I decided just to speed up a bit so I could go with the flow of traffic. After my slight acceleration, a police officer pulled me over and gave me a ticket. Oh, and since this is my fourth ticket this month they took away my license as well. But don't worry! I have it all taken care of. I have written a letter to the judge to convince him to let me off. It will be fine. You're the greatest, Mom! I miss you!
Love,
Avarie

Hey guys,
So, it looks like I won't be able to drive the carpool anymore. At least not for awhile. You see, I got a ticket today and apparently it was one too many because they took my license away. It was totally uncalled for too. I was literally going two miles over the speed limit of 35 (which should really be 50) . I don't understand why he pulled me and my little Honda civic over when there was a new, red Ferrari that sped past at lightening speed. It's just my luck I guess. I'm sorry that I have to bail on you this week, but it should be all taken care of by next week. I sent a letter to the judge, so we'll see what happens with that. Thanks for understanding.
Your pal,
Avarie 

3 comments:

  1. I loved how well you honored the judge in your first letter. And how you casually just told your mom you lost your license like it's no big deal. haha. I had fun reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked all you letters. They were very believable and I slmost felt bad for you for a minute. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These letters were fun to read. I especially liked the one to your mom, that is totally the way to tell something like that to a mom! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete